Favorite Authors Club
Did you know that we have a niffy feature in SHARE, our catalog? It's called "Favorite Authors Club" and it allows customers to ask the system to automatically place "holds" on any newly catalogued items written by the author(s) that the customer has selected. Here's how to select your authors:
1. Click on the "Browse our catalog" link, which is at the upper right hand corner of the screen.
2. Click on the "my account" link, which is again in the upper right hand side of the screen.
3. Enter in your barcode number and PIN.
4. You should see several tabs near the top of the screen -- personal information, checkouts, holds, fines, favorite author club. Click on "favorite authors club."
5. You should see a list of about 64 adult fiction authors. Check your favorite authors, make sure that the East Troy Public Library is listed as the pick-up library in the pull down menu at the bottom of the screen, and click submit.
Other things to remember:
While we offer several tools (such as the "favorite authors club") to enable customers that want to interact more independently with our catalog, we also are happy to do things like find books, renew items, and select authors for you. Just ask.
Currently, the "favorite authors club" only lists about 64 popular authors. Also, this tool is also currently only for one format -- "regular print" books. We may try to add other formats or more authors in the future, so please check back if you do not see one of your favorite authors on the list.